Guy's Disaster Recovery Tips:
- Know your objectives. Every business is different.
- Recovery time objective: How long would it take to get back up and running?
- Recovery point objective: At what point in the day is the information you have good up until?
- Business owners have to fully realize what it means to be "down." How long can your company survive without access to its data? Without internet access?
- 99% of businesses think their backup solution provides them with what they need. It's too late when they find out their disaster recovery is not what they thought it was.
- Test out your disaster recovery plan, ideally once a quarter. No plan goes off without a hitch on the first go! Don't set yourself up for disaster during your first disaster.
- Make hard copies. Business owners and their key personnel should have print outs of anything they would need in the event of a disaster - emergency contact information, details about your disaster recovery plan, etc.
Want to learn more about disaster recovery?Guy co-wrote the latest StorageCraft ebook, Making Disaster Recovery Easy, which provides a deeper look at how asking questions can help you create solid documentation and easy-to-use disaster plans.
Making Disaster Recovery Easy (5.0 MiB)