There are 3 different methods you can use to disable the address bar search in IE 9:
Method 1: Using Tools menu in Internet Explorer
- Click Internet Options
- Click the Advanced tab
- Check the option Go to an intranet site for a single word entry in the Address bar.
Method 2: Using Group PolicyLocal or Domain Administrators can configure this setting by using Group Policy.
- Click Start > Run
- Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- Expand User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer.
- Then expand Internet Settings > Advanced Settings > Browsing
- Set Go to an intranet site for a single word entry in the Address bar according to your desired settings.
You have to update policies or restart the computer to apply changes.
Method 3: Using registry key
Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. We recommend using one of the above methods if possible.