Are you in love with Firefox or Google Chrome but some websites render better in Internet Explorer? Are you missing out on ActiveX controls that are designed to work only under Internet Explorer?
Well, you are not alone. Google Chrome, one of our browsers of choice, does not support Active X, so we went searching to see how we could get the best of both worlds. Enter IETab: http://www.ietab.net/home
What Is IE Tab?
IE Tab for Chrome (and IE Tab 2 for Firefox) is a browser extension that allows you to use Internet Explorer to display web pages in a tab.
This is useful in many cases where a web page requires Internet Explorer features and very convenient because you do not have to exit your non-IE browser. Here are some of the many uses for IE Tab:
- Display web pages that require ActiveX controls.
- Test web pages with IE's rendering engine.
- Use Windows Explorer view to browse the local file system, with full Explorer support for icons, right-click menus, etc.
- Use Outlook Web Access.
- Use IE-only SharePoint features.
IE Tab also has useful features such as:
- Auto URLs - Allows you to specify which URLs should always be loaded with IE Tab.
- Bookmarks - Set up IE Tab bookmarks which will automatically load a page in IE Tab.
- IE Configuration - Full support for IE Configuration options directly from within IE Tab
The best thing about this plug-in: It is free!